Once you find a reliable auto shipping company, you don’t have to worry about the shipping process. But you will also have some responsibilities on your shoulders. As the owner of the car, you have to get it prepared for the shipment. This means you need to take care of several things before the car can even be loaded onto the carrier. Getting your car prepared will ensure your car stays safe and secure during transport. Here are some things you need to do before shipping your car
Important tips on how to prepare your car for shipment!
- No personal items should be left in your vehicle. Auto shipping companies are not allowed by law to transport vehicles that contain personal items when moving from state to state. All the expensive devices should be removed from the vehicle before the shipping (DVD players, GPS navigating systems). This is to secure them from damage or theft. Make sure there is nothing left in the trunk as well.
- As soon as you find out the date of your shipping, get your car washed. Getting your car washed will allow you to see all the dings and scratches when the car is delivered.
- Your car should have a quarter of a tank gas full. Make sure your car has enough gas to safely run for the time it will take to be loaded. We do not recommend to fully fill your car with gas. It may cause weight issues to the trailer.
- You will be required to take notes on the condition of your car. You can also document all the damages with photographs. To avoid any confusion, it’s better to take notes and take photos.
- Make sure you have copies of the key for your car. Don’t risk losing the only example of your cars’ key.
- In case your vehicle has an alarm on it, it is important you disable it before shipment.
- The very last step to take before your vehicles’ shipment is verifying the contact information. This will help you to stay updated on your shipment.
New York City Car Transport will help you both with the preparation of your shipment and during the entire process till the end. Contact us at the number (929) 445-0222 and we will assist you in every single way.